Wednesday, August 8, 2007

The BIG Country Bash!

Written 6/26/07

This past weekend turned out to be more exciting than I could have imagined. It all started off with the extreme weather on Friday night. I guess the tornado sirens going off in Indianola on Thursday night just weren't enough. There was a tornado warning in effect on Friday evening too.Smart as I am, I was on my way to Des Moines on Friday evening when the tornado warning was in effect. Just as I was almost out of Indianola the sky started getting really dark. I figured it was probably a good idea to pull over, so I proceeded to park in a car wash as the storm passed over.

Let me tell you that sitting in a car wash listening to the National Weather Service noise beeping on the radio is not a calming feeling.I took some pictures though with my digital camera while waiting for the storm to end. Turns out there were two tornadoes that night in Cumming and Norwalk. Pretty scary weather that night.

Saturday and Sunday was filled with almost 24 hours of country music. My roommate and I went to the Big Country Bash at Waterworks Park in Des Moines!

There were around twelve performers at the bash. The lineup was:

Jason Brown (An amazing guy from Iowa),
Bombshel,
Luke Bryan, (picture to the left)
Jamie O'Neal,
Tracy Byrd,
Clay Walker,
Sarah Buxton,
Carolina Rain,
Danielle Peck,
Jake Owen,
Billy Currington,
and Blake Shelton.






I've been to a lot of concerts before, but the Country Bash was something completely different. It was a really fun atmosphere full of country music, cowboy hats, and great food. The time I spent there definitely turned me into a hardcore country fan. I wish the bash would have lasted all week. There's no way I'm missing out on next year! Plus, I didn't realize Jason Brown is a country singer from Iowa. He's pretty good, and not to mention he's going to be at the Warren County Fair. Count me in! :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! luke bryan! YAY! I wan't to go to the big country bash even more now!