Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The Neverending Life of a College Student

I apologize to all my readers for slacking off as of lately. These past few weeks and next few have been extremely busy with. Let's do a quick recap of some of the great things that have been going on at Simpson in the past few days or so.

1. Students got together to write over 10,000 letters to help raise money for St. Jude Children's hospital. Also the Hawk, country radio station from Des Moines, came to help broadcast the event.

2. A ghost hunter came to campus on Halloween to investigate the strange happenings in College Hall where Mildred fell down the stairs back in 1935. Unfortunately there was nothing too out of the ordinary that happened.

3. The Art Department hosted Chrysilis, which is a day for high school art students to visit Simpson. There is also an art show of the student's work, and acceptance to the day is based on the quality of one's artwork. I had the awesome experience of helping the students with workshops throughout the day.

4. My sorority (Delta Delta Delta) went trick or treating to raise money for St. Jude's Children's Hospital. It was so much fun to dress up in costume and raise some money. There were quite a few odd stares, but after they realized it was for St. Jude's it was alright.

5. HILLARY CLINTON was on campus! Probably the most exciting news since OBAMA was here back in May. I helped the Simpson College Democrats and others welcome her to campus.

6.
There was initiation of all my new Tri Delta sisters.

7.
Meg Allison (country singer/songwriter) was on campus and gave an awesome performance. She was previously on the tv show Nashville.

8. I attended one of the fraternity's fall parties and the theme was famous couples. It was a great time to get away from campus for a bit, and stay at the Embassy Suites hotel.

9. Helped make some amazing cards for Veterans Day!

10. And that brings me to today...well I'm just here living the life of the student with never ending homework.

So in case any readers are wondering if there is enough to be involved in at Simpson. Look at my list of things above. I'd say there's something different on there for just about anyone. The opportunities are endless.

2 comments:

Beth - Admissions Counselor said...

Awesome! Did you have a fall party?

Tiff Hummel said...

Good blog Sara! I'm in the office this Friday - I hope to see you! :)

Good luck on finals, too.